Quick update this week as I am writing this while waiting for the movers to finish taking all of our belongings to storage (damn, we have WAY too much stuff). Last week, I posted a rundown of what was supposed to happen and can update as follows
- The shower glass was installed and looks great.
- The countertops are still leaning up against a wall hoping to be reinstalled someday. The plumbers can’t come finish their work until those countertops go in.
- Painters finished with initial coats inside and began prepping the outside of the house. Most of the colors are correct.
- The floors are sanded and should be done by the end of the day.
- The tile guys are still MIA.
- The electricians have already been in to install cans, switches, and outlets. They also installed the pendants over the island in the kitchen. The dining room light finally came yesterday but we are still waiting for the master bath sconces. Cross your fingers.
- Still TBD on wallpaper.
So now, we wait. It is a little strange to think about being away from the house for a full week this close to finishing. I keep thinking of all the things I haven’t picked out or for which I haven’t drawn up installation plans. Towel hooks and knobs anyone? I dare you to pull out your old copy of Dr. Seuss’s My Book About Me and count all the knobs and handles in your house. Let me know when you finish, ok? I’ll be having a cold beverage with my mom on her not too hot porch.